Dean E. Orlando
Lean Enterprise Trainer
Lean Enterprise Trainer
Dean has specific specialized skills in our Lean Manufacturing group, with a focus on business and process re-engineering. Dean is CTM’s leading practitioner in advanced simulation for detailed process analysis for manufacturing, public sector and service systems. He has over twenty years management and engineering experience with General Motors, Ford Motor Company and various training groups. Operational experience includes quality and process engineering, program management and lean manufacturing. Over the past fourteen years Dean has applied his simulation and process analysis expertise in small and large scale Lean Manufacturing and business process re-engineering projects across the U.S. and Canada. He has facilitated and implemented advanced simulation projects and studies for lean processes, project management and quality systems and championed productivity improvement in a wide variety of business sectors including automotive, customer service divisions, call center for insurance, defence, warehouse operations, and process improvement applications.
• Process Re-design Facilitatation
• Program management
• Advanced simulation studies
• Lean manufacturing/enterprise
• Productivity improvements
• Quality/Process engineering
• Operations / engineering • Green field projects
• Plant expansion/capacity planning
• Operations / engineering
• Advanced scheduling projects
• P & L / finance / budgets
• Strategic business plans
Production / Plant Experience
• Production supervision stamping, forge, engine, glass, car assembly
• Quality and process systems support
• People management – hiring, training, development
• Multi-plant, multi-shift operations – plan, organize and direct daily operations
• Health and safety / WHMIS
• Worked at Ford’s Process Leadership Group for plant support
• Worked also as Simulation Manager for new plant studies & layout configuration
• Ford’s PME & FTPM Co-ordinator
• Director of Engineering for simulation training group
• Process Leadership support manager at Ford
• Manager of simulation operations through 3 engine programs at Ford
• Human resources – hire, train, motivate and develop staff
• Strong communication, leadership and team building skills
• Overseen over 400 successful projects, built simulation training group managing up to 10 engineers and developed training modules in simulation
• Project Management – manage projects, resources, budgets, client relationship and timeline
• Implementation of productivity improvement, lean manufacturing using simulation as a driver within the manufacturing, defence, call center and supply chain sectors
• Simulation and value stream mapping studies for new and updating plant layout as well as strategic capital investment and manufacturing capacity planning
• Detailed process studies for advanced quality and manufacturing systems
• Detailed simulation study for a large corporation’s handling of improving efficiency of their response to customer service.
• Project manager for simulation for detailed process understanding for US Gov’t applications at Hansford Nuclear facility
• Developed training material for lean & process mapping as well problem solving for large corporations
• Process re-engineering and re-design facilitation
• Simulation projects and studies for manufacturing clients
• Project Management – manage quality/process engineering projects
Director of Engineering
Simulation Engineering Services (Livonia, Mi)
• Director of Simulation TrainingGroup for advanced simulation studies and process/quality studies for Ford, DaimlerChrysler, Mercury Marine, Caterpillar, Thyssen Krupp, John Deere and more
Simulation Trainer Group Manager & Engineering Manager
Lanner Group (Detroit office)
• Manager of Simulation Training Group for the Americas developing advanced simulation studies for GM, Ford, DaimlerChrysler, US Gov’t. Also detailed process studies for advanced business re-engineering.
Lead Simulation Manager
Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, Mi)
• Lead Simulation Manager through 3 Engine Programs
• Process Leadership Group & Management Support.
• PME (Preventive Maintenance Excellence & FTPM Coordinator)
• General Motors of Canada (St. Catherines Operations)
• Industrial/Simulation Engineering to support manufacturing operations.
• Process/Quality Engineering to support manufacturing operations.
• Production & Quality Supervision
General Motors Institute – 1984 Graduate in Industrial Engineering.
University of Windsor – 2002 Master’s Degree in Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering
• Advanced Simulation & Scheduling
• Project Management
• Ford’s FTPM Trainer
Lean Master Black Belt Certified.
• Ford Q1
• Statistical Process Control
• ISO 9001
• Ford Customer Driven Quality Award 97,98
• Southeast Simulation Conference 97
• SME Simulation Conference: Spring 98
• Computer Technology Solutions: Sept 98 & 99
• Winter Simulation Conference 98
• Winter Simulation Conference, Session Chairperson 99
• Henry Ford Technology Award Nominee 2001
• Simulation software Witness, Arena, ProModel, Simul8, & AutoMod
• Windows 95 / 98 / 2000 / XP, NT, HTML
• ERP/MRP Systems, Advanced Scheduling Software, Artificial Intelligence
• MS Office Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Microsoft Project
President, Lean Subject Matter Specialist, Account Manager and co-founder of Cycle Time Management, Bill has over 25 years experience in lean manufacturing management and training ...
Don Bowes has been a project leader for the University at Buffalo Engineering Department’s Center for Industrial Effectiveness since 2001 where his client ...
A highly skilled leader and master trainer respected for in-depth expertise in leading team members in achieving production goals and developing employees in a fast paced ...
Paul has over twenty-five years direct lean manufacturing experience within the automotive parts remanufacturing and heavy industrial sectors. This experience was gained on ...
Through my years at Toyota Bruce Mulder has developed a very strong passion for, and belief in the Toyota Production System. He feels this system, when implemented in the proper ...
Find your firm’s potential today!
CTM has developed a comprehensive process (The Lean Framework) that allows an organization to create an environment and a means for change. Change that permeates the entire company and becomes a new paradigm for growth.Learn More
CTM's Lean Framework sets out clear-cut objectives that can be achieved through an ongoing process of cycle time reduction and continuous improvement. This process has had tremendous results consistently.Learn More
Moving from reactive to proactive thinking in the work place. Having the employees understand the importance, scope and techniques involved allowed many clients to move forward at greatly accelerated rates.Learn More
CTM focuses on five key issues: identifying waste, cellular production, scheduling, production line processes, and production line support. Our process helps firms eliminate all inefficiencies and thrive.Learn More
Clients have found CTM’s Lean Assessment approach of key employee interviews, financial review, facility visit and a lean manufacturing evaluation to determining lean implementation requirements has been very effective.Learn More
CTM was incorporated in 1986 and has delivered high quality services to numerous organizations in manufacturing, healthcare, and other industries. Read our clients' success stories.Learn More
"Terrific progress is still being made. Over 50% of our employees are actively involved in cycle time reduction teams..."
“Mott’s profitably has grown because of the continuous improvement foundation provided by Cycle Time Management. This focus changed Mott..."
“CTM’s Program is about building a new culture throughout the company. It created an internal mechanism that got people..."